Sub groups are working groups which are answerable to the full council and committees that have executive powers in their own rights.
Community Emergency Plan Working Group
- To produce a Community Emergency Plan for the Parish of Haxey for adoption by the full Parish Council.
- To maintain and update the adopted Community Emergency Plan for Haxey Parish on an annual basis.
- To ensure the relevant Departments of the Principal Authority are provided with an updated and adopted Community Emergency Plan for Haxey Parish.
- Act as the Haxey Parish Council focal point for Community Emergency Plan issues and liase directly with Principal Authority Representatives on Community Emergency Plan issues.
Parish Paths and Bridleways Working Group
- To establish a Working Group to examine the proposal from NLC to take over the management and maintenance of Haxey Parish Paths and Bridleways.
- To examine funding issues involved with the management and maintenance of Haxey Parish Paths and Bridleways and devolvement of sufficient funds from NLC to carry out the maintenance
- To provide a detailed report and make recommendations and if necessary a way forward to the Parish Council on the viability of any agreed scheme with NLC to the full Parish Council.
- The report on any way forward is to be made to the Parish Council by 31 Jan 16.
Land Working Party
- To consider Land and Associated issues in detail on behalf of the full Parish Council.
- To provide advice and recommendations on Land and associated issues to the full Parish Council.
- Through the Parish Council Clerk and on behalf of the full Parish Council provide management of Parish Land.
Local Awards Working Group
- To establish a local award scheme for the recognition of individual and group efforts in support of the Parish.
- To implement a process for the annual nomination and selection of an individual and group.
- To organise an annual presentation for the individual and group selected for the award.
- Report back to the full Parish Council on the functioning and progress of the Local Awards Working Group as required.
- To help meet the highest standards of good governance.
- To keep under review the financial management of the council.
- To prepare a draft budget and precept.
Parish Planting Working Group
To establish a Parish planting strategy on an annual basis.
To implement the planting strategy on an annual basis to meet the judging timescales of the CPRE Best Kept Village Competition if required.
To implement the planting strategy to ensure the Parish is at its best throughout the year.
Report back to the full Parish Council on the functioning and progress of the Planting Group as required.
Military Memorial Working Group
To provide a forum for the research of historic military aviation actions/accidents which have occurred specifically in Haxey Parish and generally in the Isle of Axholme.
To liaise with other Parish/Town Councils and other organisations in the Isle of Axholme on any historic aviation actions/ accidents.
Act as the Haxey Parish Council focal point for issues relating to historic military aviation actions/accidents and provide a periodic update of activity and recommendations to the Full Council.
Further information will be found in the attached documentation –
Website and Historic Archive Working Group
- To produce a policy and take the necessary action to preserve ALL Awards documentation for Haxey Parish Council and any issues that may affect the Awards.
- To produce a policy and take the necessary action to provide, support and update the Haxey Parish Council Website.
- Act as the Haxey Parish Council focal point for Awards and Website matters.
Westwoodside Playing Fields Association Management Committee (WPFAMC)
The Parish Council has been appointed as Sole Trustee for the WPFA and as such the Committee needs:
- To help meet the Parish Council’s highest standards of good governance for the WPFA.
- To provide the necessary day to day management of the WPFA facilities.
- To keep under review the financial management of the WPFA.
- To prepare an annual draft budget for the WPFA.
- To report back to the Parish Council on all issues concerning the WPFA.
Parish Plan Working Group
- To assume the responsibility for the 2010 Haxey Parish, Community-Led Plan following the disbandment of the Parish Plan Action group.
- To work with the Community and any other relevant organisations to ensure that the outstanding actions for the Parish Plan are implemented in the published timeframe.
- To periodically review the current Parish Plan with a view to updating the Plan and actions and, in the light of developing Government led initiatives taking the Plan to any other level.
- Act as the Haxey Parish Council focal point for Parish Plan matters with the Principal Authority and any other organisations.
- To meet legislative requirements and to ensure good governance.
Library Working Group
- To monitor the performance of the Parish Library facilities from a Parish Council perspective.
- Identify potential improvements to Parish Library facilities.
- Work with the Principal Authority Cabinet Members and Library Services with the aim of improving Haxey Parish Library Facilities.
- Work with the Principal Authority Cabinet Members and Library Services with the aim of implementing improvements/enhancements to Parish Library Facilities.
- Report back to the full Parish Council on the functioning and performance of Haxey Parish Library facilities as required.
Planning Working Group
- To discuss in full all aspects of a planning application.
- To assist full council in making a decision on planning applications.
Axholme Heritage Partnership Working Group
To produce a policy and take the necessary action to preserve and take forward ALL Local Heritage aspects for Haxey Parish Council and any issues that may affect the retention of local historic customs.
Act as the Haxey Parish Council focal point for Local Heritage and Historic Customs matters.
Asset of Community Value Working Group
To represent the Parish Council (Second Respondent in the ACV process) and meet as required with Representatives of the Principal Authority (First Respondent in the ACV process) and Representatives of Haxey Parish Community to formulate a way forward for the support of and progress of the ACV process on designated Parish assets.
In the event of any Appeal from ACV designated Parish Assets, the Working Group is also tasked with providing any required input to the Regulatory Tribunal to meet their timescales.